Privacy Notice - Frank Rankin trading as infogov.scot
Frank Rankin trading as infogov.scot
11 Viaduct Road
Clarkston G76 8BN
I am a sole trader providing training and consultancy in information governance and am therefore a data controller under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
I process personal data relating to clients and business contacts including:
· Name, telephone number, address, email address
· Correspondence and notes of discussions and meetings
· Bank account details for making payments to other sole traders
This personal data is used for the purposes of providing training and consultancy services, invoicing and keeping accounts, and marketing my services. This is carried out in support of my legitimate interests in running a training and consultancy business.
The data is held on the Microsoft Office 365 platform, on an encrypted Microsoft Surface, and on the Quickfile online account platform.
I will normally retain records for a maximum of six years from the end of the current financial year before securely deleting them.
You have statutory rights relating to your own personal data:
· Access – you have the right to know what data I hold relating to you and why, and to receive a copy of it;
· Rectification – you have the right to have inaccurate information about you corrected;
· Objection – you have the right to object to me using your information, and I would have to stop unless I have a sound overriding reason to continue;
· Erasure, restriction and portability – in specific circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data deleted, to put limits on what I may do with it or to receive a copy in machine-readable form to take to another organisation;
· There are also specific legal rights relating to automated decision making but I do not have any such processes.
For more information on your rights under the GDPR see
To exercise any of these rights or for more information, please contact me using the details above.
If you believe that I have failed to manage your personal data appropriately, you have the right to complain to the statutory regulator - The Information Commissioner’s Office
You can telephone them on 0303 123 113
Or you can use their online tool for reporting concerns:
Or you can write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office